Some muthafuckin' feedback

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Some muthafuckin' feedback

Post by King Charles on Mon May 18, 2015 4:13 pm

Here's a few things for Kart to keep in mind while making this. Maybe as a reminder or a guideline, whatever. However, I strongly feel these should be taken into account while improving our beautiful baby.
These are my opinions and obviously it's up to Kart to decide what's good and what's not and all that.

Difficulty scaling

Problem: The game hasn't got much of a difficulty scaling. The enemies don't vary in strength, which makes one able to skip through content and just head straight to the top.

Solution: The ideal option would be to have various difficulty zones, so you would have to do some work and achieve some gear before going to fight the baddest bitches there is. (Them bandits, kek)

Equipment values

Problem: The items are plain useless. All they do is look good. (They fail at that too, honestly. Mining works fine, I suppose). The diamond gear (Which is supposed to be high-tier, I think? Considering the effort to get them.) is useless compared to gold, as well as the weapon. The whip is way too easy to obtain for anyone to make a diamond sword.

Solution: Up the diamond gear's values or the spawn rate of the ores. The whip (best weapon currently) could be removed from the bandit loot table and moved to something more dangerous. Silly to be able to get the best weapon at level 10, huh?

Leveling rewards

Problem: There is completely no fucking point to level combat. Peterino (73) deals the same shit in combat as Engetsu (29). There's barely any difference.

Solution: Up the armor values and damage values. Each hit on higher strength and weapon could easily do, say, 30 damage, which is then reduced by the armor's defensive capabilities.


PS. I'm still blue.
avatar
King Charles

Posts : 19
Join date : 2015-05-18
Location : Bandit Hoods yo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Some muthafuckin' feedback

Post by Engetsu on Mon May 18, 2015 6:33 pm

Where is like button?
avatar
Engetsu

Posts : 9
Join date : 2015-05-17
Age : 20
Location : Gangsta Paradise

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Some muthafuckin' feedback

Post by sannah on Mon May 18, 2015 6:34 pm

Is the servers still down?? Just tried logging in
avatar
sannah

Posts : 30
Join date : 2015-05-14
Age : 24
Location : stuck in an oil painting

View user profile http://instagram.com/urbanbeauty

Back to top Go down

Re: Some muthafuckin' feedback

Post by sannah on Mon May 18, 2015 6:35 pm

Nvm Surprised
avatar
sannah

Posts : 30
Join date : 2015-05-14
Age : 24
Location : stuck in an oil painting

View user profile http://instagram.com/urbanbeauty

Back to top Go down

Re: Some muthafuckin' feedback

Post by Chris on Mon May 18, 2015 7:37 pm

King Charles wrote:
Difficulty scaling

Problem: The game hasn't got much of a difficulty scaling. The enemies don't vary in strength, which makes one able to skip through content and just head straight to the top.

Solution: The ideal option would be to have various difficulty zones, so you would have to do some work and achieve some gear before going to fight the baddest bitches there is. (Them bandits, kek)


We very much have this in mind while we're working on the game, as it is right now the reason it seems that many weapons are doing the same damage and armour isn't really doing anything is because we're still adding a lot of items to the game but as of now while we're still in alpha.
Everything is being worked on and balanced as of now

King Charles wrote:
Equipment values

Problem: The items are plain useless. All they do is look good. (They fail at that too, honestly. Mining works fine, I suppose). The diamond gear (Which is supposed to be high-tier, I think? Considering the effort to get them.) is useless compared to gold, as well as the weapon. The whip is way too easy to obtain for anyone to make a diamond sword.

Solution: Up the diamond gear's values or the spawn rate of the ores. The whip (best weapon currently) could be removed from the bandit loot table and moved to something more dangerous. Silly to be able to get the best weapon at level 10, huh?

Again so far we've only really got the basic items for you to get, it may seem silly now but more equipment is coming for sure as boss drops.
I'll show you a sneak peak on a equipment set that will be dropped by a high level boss in the future that i've been working on



Fear not, high level equipment is coming, and so will bosses eventually

King Charles wrote:
Leveling rewards

Problem: There is completely no fucking point to level combat. Peterino (73) deals the same shit in combat as Engetsu (29). There's barely any difference.

Solution: Up the armor values and damage values. Each hit on higher strength and weapon could easily do, say, 30 damage, which is then reduced by the armor's defensive capabilities.


PS. I'm still blue.

I can't really comment on this since i'm not in control of the combat algorithm and i'm frankly not entirely sure how it's put together put i'll pass it on to kart and make him take a look at it

If you have any other questions feel free to ask Kart or myself.

_________________

avatar
Chris

Posts : 7
Join date : 2015-05-04
Age : 24

View user profile http://morot4.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Some muthafuckin' feedback

Post by sannah on Mon May 18, 2015 7:47 pm

Can I just say completely in LOVE with the dragon armor? I am so excited for this games' future that it's unbelievable
avatar
sannah

Posts : 30
Join date : 2015-05-14
Age : 24
Location : stuck in an oil painting

View user profile http://instagram.com/urbanbeauty

Back to top Go down

Re: Some muthafuckin' feedback

Post by Chris on Mon May 18, 2015 7:55 pm

sannah wrote:Can I just say completely in LOVE with the dragon armor? I am so excited for this games' future that it's unbelievable
Thanks a lot! Smile

_________________

avatar
Chris

Posts : 7
Join date : 2015-05-04
Age : 24

View user profile http://morot4.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Some muthafuckin' feedback

Post by Peterino on Mon May 18, 2015 10:11 pm

I still have a problem with the minimum damage in combat. It seems a tad ridiculous that my top end damage can be like 20-25, and at the same time be able to hit for 1. Landing hits between 1-8 happens fairly often as well. Know how laughable it is to have someone in iron gear kill a bandit faster than you can, merely because you kept hitting for 1 over and over? It's silly.

I know this applies to everyone, it just makes the accomplishment of leveling feel diminished.
avatar
Peterino

Posts : 22
Join date : 2015-05-04
Location : California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Some muthafuckin' feedback

Post by Peterino on Tue May 19, 2015 6:18 pm

Strength 77
Defense 83
Whip
Diamond Armor

Fighting Bandits

I decided to make a log of all my hits just to see the spread, here's he results. I did not count any hits that killed the bandit, as if it only has 5 health I would not be able to hit for more than 5.

TOTAL HITS: 200

Hits of:1 43   (21.5% of hits)
Hits of:2 30
Hits of:3 17
Hits of:4 14
Hits of:5 14
Hits of:6 23
Hits of:7 9
Hits of:8 10
Hits of:9 6
Hits of:10 4
Hits of:11 6
Hits of:12 6
Hits of:13 2
Hits of:14 5
Hits of:15 4
Hits of:16 2
Hits of:17 3
Hits of:18 1
Hits of:19 0
Hits of:20 1


Only 34 hits landed over 10 damage in 200 hits. That's 17%.
avatar
Peterino

Posts : 22
Join date : 2015-05-04
Location : California

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Some muthafuckin' feedback

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum